This month we have carried out an 8000 hour service and the following overhaul work to a 90kw Air Compressor at a Papermill. Here’s what’s involved! To remove Cabinet, strip and remove Air-end and Gear-box from the Compressor, to transport away for the following work to be carried out:
- To steam clean unit.
- To dismantle and clean (using ultrasonic or solvent).
- To crack detect & lap/grind bearing faces as required.
- To clean/polish rotors & check dimensions as required.
- To rebuild in clean area using all new SKF/FAG/RHP Bearings, Seals, Joints.
- Steel/brass cages used wherever possible.
To return unit to site, reassemble compressor, with associated gaskets & seals, carry out servicing of the compressor, changing oil etc., cleaning down and inspecting machine, running-up and testing.