“Health issues should be driven by the understanding that improved health and well-being can generate significant employee productivity benefits, resulting in higher levels of motivation”. According to research recently conducted by the Chartered Management Institute: The Quality of Working Life 2007.
Maintaining the health and well-being of employees can have the potential to benefit an organisation in the following ways:
- Reduced absenteeism
- Improved productivity
- Losing fewer experienced staff through retirement on ill health grounds
- Attracting and retaining the best staff
- Improving staff morale
- Improving employee relations
Here at Algar Air we work with all members of the team to promote health & fitness; actively encouraging exercise and healthy eating. Here are a few examples:
- The Bank Holiday Friday for the Royal Wedding saw the 1st Golf Tournament for Algar Air. The second coming up this Saturday 18th June
- Part of the Admin Team have had a massive achievement in their weight loss goals over the last year losing in excess of 8 stone!
- Algar Air provides the Westfield Advantage Health Scheme
- Most members of staff take part in regular exercise including regularly attending the Gym, 5 a-side League Football, Zumba/Dance Exercise Classes and one member of the Team who regularly walks the 8 mile round trip to work and back!